Wahiawa Elementary School Library – Wahiawa, HI
Bone Dry Products Seal Elementary School Library Floor
When the Wahiawa Elementary School in Honolulu remodeled their library, they turned to the concrete sealing experts at Bone Dry Products. The library’s concrete flooring was slated to get new carpeting and a variety of VCT tiling, so they wanted to ensure it wouldn’t be ruined by moisture seeping through the concrete.
Bone Dry for Complete Moisture Mitigation
Over time, humidity accumulates in concrete substrates and migrates up through the structure. This vapor transmission settles as moisture on the top of the substrate, which leads to mold growth beneath the floor coverings and moisture intrusion.
The contractors in charge of the library remodel needed a versatile solution with a permanent moisture barrier—and one compatible with a wide range of flooring. Bone Dry Pro was the only product that met all their needs. As a complete system, it comes with everything a contractor needs to quickly and easily seal a concrete floor.
Learn more about Bone Dry's concrete sealer treatment for schools and universities.
Bone Dry Pro at a glance:
- Covers 220 to 360 sq. ft. per gallon, depending on the density of the concrete
- 20-year flooring replacement warranty covers concrete moisture-related failures and included adhesive and finished flooring.
- Can be applied at the pour (one hour after pouring), to newly cured slab, or to older existing slabs
Bone Dry Pro System Mitigates Moisture in Concrete
The Bone Dry Pro System is a total solution for contractors, architects, and concrete pouring specialists looking to prevent moisture in both existing and newly poured concrete substrates. The Bone Dry Pro product creates a permanent moisture barrier by reacting chemically with the alkali and free lime in the concrete, a process that both waterproofs and strengthens the concrete.
With Bone Dry Pro, carpet won’t start to roll, vinyl flooring won’t curl at the seams, and tiles won’t start popping off the floor. Bone Dry Pro is a non-toxic, odorless, and antimicrobial sealer, making it an ideal solution for sealing concrete in school buildings.
Check out our entire line of moisture mitigation solutions here:
- Penetrating Sealers: Deep sealing action to stop moisture from surfacing –
- Concrete Preparation Products: Etch hard-troweled concrete and seal porous cement-based structures –
- Surface Coatings: Semi-gloss and waterproof surface sealers –