Bone Dry Primer
Treat Pervious Concrete and Block Walls with Bone Dry Primer for Ultimate Sealing Power
Pervious concrete is a cost effective building material requiring less cement than materials of lower permeability. The ability of these materials to absorb moisture is useful in an array of applications – its porous characteristics lend to proper absorption of rain in streets and parking lots, reducing flash floods, rainwater pollution, and water table depletion. But in homes and businesses, where these materials will be covered by wood paneling or laminate flooring, the moisture allowed to permeate can cause damage.
Bone Dry Primer + Bone Dry Sealers Prevents Damage to Building Materials Including:
- Microbe, mold, and other organic growth
- Latex, acrylic, urethane, and water-based adhesive failure
- Distortion of cement floor and block-wall coverings
- Warping of hardwood flooring
- Cupping of linoleum tiling
- Peeling of carpeting
Bone Dry Primer Prepares Pervious Concrete for Sealing
Bone Dry Primer is a colorless, non-toxic solution. Designed to provide additional alkali bonds, it reacts with Bone Dry Original, Bone Dry Pro, or Bone Dry Plus products to create a permanent moisture seal in pervious concrete structures. These new alkali molecules lend greater bonding strength for Bone Dry’s sealing products by filling the wide interstitial gaps characteristic of pervious cement materials.
Contact the concrete sealing experts at Bone Dry to learn more about Bone Dry Primer and other moisture mitigation solutions.
Use Bone Dry Primer with our Moisture Mitigation Products
Bone Dry Primer is best used with Bone Dry concrete sealers like:
- Bone Dry Original – Permanent concrete sealer protects concrete coverings
- Bone Dry Plus – Permanently seals concrete with added anti-microbial protections
- Bone Dry Pro – The complete concrete moisture mitigation solution, suitable for commercial applications
How to Seal High-Porosity Concrete
Unfortunately, sealing high-porosity concrete with conventional concrete treatment products may not completely mitigate moisture – which means you’ve just spent time and money on an ineffective sealing product.
Bone Dry’s concrete moisture mitigation system offers superior protection from the effects of dampness hiding deep within concrete slabs and subfloors. However, dealing with pervious concrete like Shotcrete, Gunite, or cement block walls requires an additional solution – Bone Dry Primer.
Application of Bone Dry Concrete Primer
- Saturate the pervious concrete surface using a hand-pumped garden sprayer for medium areas, or an airless sprayer for larger areas. Disperse pooling liquid on horizontal surfaces with a mop or broom. (If Bone Dry Primer soaks in completely in less than 15 minutes, reapply)
- Use with unpainted surfaces only – primer cannot penetrate latex, acrylic, or polyvinyl paints
- Surface cleaning is required for oil, grease, and acidic conditions
- When Bone Dry Primer is dried to a damp condition, Bone Dry Concrete Sealers can be applied.
Bone Dry Primer penetrates deeply into porous substrates where its active ingredients fill small cracks and voids and interstitial spaces between the matrix particles. These deposits will react with Bone Dry to fill all of the small spaces within the substrate to form a permanent water barrier.